Gotta love this time of year eh? Everyone wants everything yesterday, hefty decisions required around presents, hams, salads,who’s buying the grog and ‘who is going where?’ for xmas day!
Who needs the stress, right?
While I’m tempted to do a ‘BA HUMBUG’ on xmas sometimes, it important to put a full stop on one year and look to the next. Not to mention REST.
AND Dream… Preferably beside some welcoming water, warm sun filtering through trees, with a cool drink in hand…
But, before you drift off, here’s something todream about.
Because, all I want for xmas (and the New Year and beyond) is a BRAND NEW, expanded Carbon Farming Framework.
- I want Farmers to have more ways to be paid for the ecosystem services upon which humanity depends. Food/Fibre/Soil.
- I want to show you how the Soil Carbon Space has evolved to be cost effective for Farmers. Unlocking the Largest Carbon Sink over which we have control.
- I want to introduce new ideas and new methods to Farmers – International ones.
- I want answers to questions like: How can you be paid for Agroforestry, Water Spreading, and many others activities?
- I want an overarching Framework which will allow farmers flexibility in participation with the Carbon Markets.
- I want to call it “The Carbon Farming Protocol”. (What the heck is that?)
BUT HOW to realise this dream?
Oh, I know:
- Let’s bring the Community together next year to showcase the above.
- Let there be networking, connections made, business conducted.
- Let the speakers be inspiring and knowledgeable.
- Let the delegates have their minds stretched – in a good way!
- Let there be great food, drink and laughter.
- Let there be INSPIRATION, INNOVATION and REWARD for all.
YES, Let’s Call it the 2019 National Carbon Farming Conference and Expo and let it be in Albury NSW on 5-8 August 2019.
AND SO IT IS.
MERRY XMAS TO ALL AND SEE YOU REFRESHED AND READY FOR YOUR FUTURE FARM IN 2019.