WORKING WITH NEPALI FARMERS UNDER THE GOLD STANDARD
CREATING CARBON CREDITS FOR AGROFORESTRY
CFA is working in Nepal with Ramji Prasad Bhattarai – Director of our sister company Carbon Farmers of Nepal (CFN). We’re using the Gold Standard method – which can include Agroforestry – and we’re integrating the harvestable Moringa Tree into their farming systems.
- Out of 3000 seeds sown in Gorditar, 2600 seedlings are now ready to transplant in the field. 370 seeds did not germinate and 20 seedlings were damaged by the insect pests. Four hundred seeds again sowm in the poly bag
- All 2600 seedlings distributed to the farmers and they have kept these in their kitchen garden for proper care until field ready for plantation.
- Eight hundred pit having 2 ft depth and 1 ft diameter are ready for plantation and 400 seedlings planted in the field. Farmers will complete the plantation work by the end of may in Gorditar.
- Seedling in the nursery of Phujel are good. Out of 6000 seeds sown, 5200 seeds germinated and 20 plants are damaged by insects. Nursery work in Phujel starts again from today for producing 4000 more seedlings for other sites.
- Similarly, nursery work will be started in Ghyalchok next week.